Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Pictures && A Post :)
October 1-9 2013
okay to calm all your fears about the Cops. Hah Yes the cops were called on us from this crazy lady who wasnt even suppose to be in the Apartment underneath us! First she left a note on our door saying that she doesnt appreciate us dropping boulders and piano at 3:30 IN THE MORNING!! and that if we didnt stop she would call the cops. haha is she crazy I cant even stay awake anymore past 11!! (I think its a sign that I am getting old!) So we just ignored it and we tried to be more quiet when we were home. So like two weeks later I was sleeping and Sister Stringham woke me up and was like someone is pounding on the door! hah so I opened it and the cop looked at me like do i have to really be dealing with this right now! But the lady was standing behind him and was like are you guys on a bowling league. and I honestly think she was high because she was just sitting there laughing and I told her we were moving out so she didnt have to worry about us much longer. and then I tried to explain to her that we were missionaries and we were rarely ever home during the day and that we dont stay up late at night and she then explained to me that she was Atheist and that I didnt need to be preaching the gospel to her! haha oh my goodness I didnt even say anything to her about the church except for what I did so the cop was just like hey lady you need to leave your waking people up and I just shut the door and went back to bed! haha then the lady ended up getting kicked off the premises for living in her boyfriends apartment and not being on the lease so she ended up getting herself in trouble! haha sucks for her!
We dont even live in those apartments anymore so its no big deal really! :)
But this last week was pretty good! I loved General Confrence and it was so nice to hear from our Prophet and Apostles. I had a couple
questions that I wanted to be answered and some of them were so that was really nice!
Tomorrow is transfers and I will be staying in Pulaski and Dublin for at least one more transfer! But I will be getting a new companion! I have heard that she is Sister Holden and she is also a red head. Also i heard that she might almost be as funny as I am so we will have to just see about that :) I am super excited to see what it will be like to have a new companion and learn different techniques of teaching but I am going to really miss Sister Stringham hah she puts up with a lot of my jokes but i truly have learned to love her and we have gone this missioary work thing down pretty good. But I mean we couldnt be together forever! BUt she has truly been such an awesome trainer!
The Fall is officially here and boy is it getting chilly! Ha this morning we went outside to go walking and we walked around for like 10 minutes and went back inside because it was so cold! But I love the Fall I just wish the winter clothes my mom is sending would get here a little bit faster :) haha The leaves are changing and oh my goodness I thought the mountains were beautiful in Utah but some of the sights I see over these rolling hills are simply breath taking
October 10-15, 2013
Well its only been a couple days and i dont have a ton of time to write alot but it has been a challenging week or 5 days. I miss Sister Stringham alot but Sister Holden is weird but i know the lord put us together for a reason so i am going to try to learn from her and grow closer to my heavenly father while doing so! ! were adjusting together very well and we are learning lots from each other! One miracle that was so awesome is that we were able to place 6 Book of Mormons on saturday and it was so awesome because we were able to get 2 more potential investigators that hopefully go somewhere!!
We had stake confrence sunday and it talked alot on Member Missionary Work. Hmmm :) thats weird, General Confrence Stake COnfrence you would think that the lord is trying to get us to do Member Missionary Work or something :) hahah but the work is definaltey moving forward! :)
October 16-21, 2013
This week was a super good week! I mean things have gotten alot better with Sister Holden and honestly getting to know someone is really hard at first ALWAYS i think.
This week we picked up two new investigators this week Michelle and Jane. Ha Michelle is Catholic but she is very open to what he have taught her so far! she was totally open to come to church with us and tell I opened my large mouth and told her it was 3 hours long. hah opps but then i explained what we do in each class and she agreed to coming this week so hopefully we will see her at church this coming week! :)
Jane is homeless so we are not quite sure what is going to happen there. Her daughter and Mom are Members of the church and she knows alot about our beliefs. She lives along the railroad tracks in some tree's in a tent! and she has lived there for a year and a half now. she is super nice and she is a very strong lady, im not sure how we are going to help her but i want too without her taking advantage of us so were just gonna continue to teach her.
This past week we started volunteering a church that has a program called the Daily Bread. And every single day of the week this organization feeds all the homeless people in Pulaski and the people that cant afford food. It was a super humbling exprience and it felt so nice to be able to smile at someone or give them a hug of reassurance and place food in front of them because half of the people werent sure if this was going to be there next meal until tomorrow. I was glad that I found such an awesome organization such as Daily Bread to help make such a difference for this area in Pulaski.
October 22- 28 2013
Well this week was super awesome! We got two new investigators that we are super stoked about.
Tuesday night we had dinner with Bishop and Amy Turner and Bishop invited Stephanie who he works with to come. We gave her the first missionary discussion and it went so great! She loved the idea of not having a paid ministry and the fact that we were a pretty down to earth church! We are going to stay in contact and continue on teaching her the lessons
Then we picked up a new investigator from the formers pile and her name was Ada. She doesnt have a leg! but we did the restoration lesson with her and we SET HER ON DATE FOR BAPTISM!! it was so awesome and I am so excited she is going to work towards being baptized on December 6th. Man i sure hope that I am still in this area! Then she came to church yesterday with her nine year old grand-daughter Ari and it was just so amazing.
Saturday we had interviews and district meeting with President Pitt and that was super awesome! He announced that our entire mission will be recieving an Ipad and Iphone to start proselyting on the internet through blogs, facebook, and probably twitter. We will be able to ask our friends and family at home who could use the gospel and then if it works out we will be able to skype with the people and teach lessons!! this is so exciting and we are just waiting for it to all work its way in!!
Sunday in the Radford ward we had 2 investigators and 2 less-actives in sacrement meeting and it was seriously the most awesome feeling! it was the best the we have had since I have gotten to Dublin and Pulaski!
- and i think next monday I am going to go squirrel hunting with John Robertson. He is a less-active hahah we get along to well almost. haha
I just cannot explain to you guys how much I love missionary work and how much i love this area! The lord is hastening his work and I am so happy to be apart of it! Your all in my prayers and I hope everyone is praying for missionary expiriences everywhere!
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!! LOVE SISTER NIELSEN :)
 
 
 Silly Missionarys :P


 
They made this barbie doll for a sweet little girl named Kaylee

 
This PRINCESS turned FOUR

 
Mustache Monday with the Morgan Kids


 
Beautiful View


 I do my best to keep this updated for her! Even looking thru these pictures brings me to tears. Notice what is in most of her pictures? KIDS! I truely belive my little May was sent over there for a reason. These kids needed her.
 
She helped me so much. She was a second mother to my own two little boys who think she was the coolest person on the plant. She helped raise our Trayton and also spent alot of time with our little Hazlyn. She loves kids, kids love her. I want to be selfish and say MY kids need her but then I look at these pictures and feel a sense of calm. The kids of Virgina need her for right now.
 
I miss my sister ALOT.
 
But I know she is where she is supposed to be.
 
They can have her for a little while more ;) and I cant wait for the day when she is back home by my side.
 
We love you Sister Nielsen and are so proud of you.
 
XoXo,
 
Steph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment