Thursday, March 21, 2013

Atelphobia. Not Good Enough? I doubt it!

Never had I questioned myself on the fact that I wanted to go on a mission or not after I knew it was the right thing for me. But satan sure has made me feel inadequate, judged, and not worthy. I have difficulty telling people that I am going on a mission, in fact a lot of people that should know still don't. This is very important and hard for me to explain, but I feel that I need to write this so I don't forget about it.

Atelphobia; The fear of not being good enough
-Satan puts this disease in my mind every single day

In my past I have never done anything that would come between me and my goals in church such as a mission, and a temple marriage. But, my actions around others have not always shown the BEST me that I could and should have been. And in that Satan definitely lately has made me feel very inadequate to serve a mission. And realizing that, it gave me such more motivation to let the things of my past go and move forward.  Dieter F. Uchtdorf said: Dont judge me because I sin differently than you! And its so true, people are going to feel the way they do no matter what anyone says so there is no reason to try to prove them wrong. I AM A GOOD PERSON. I have not done anything I cant learn from and I know that those mistakes have made me who I am today, and I am not going to let the opinion of others keep me from serving the lord.

I dont need negativity during this exciting time in my life, and I have learned that I need to overcome the harder things to enjoy the better things in life. If people try to get in your way of doing that, you dont need them there.

So from now on I am goign to stop worrying about the bad things because it is keeping me from enjoying the good. And why miss out on that?
     - If you know me well enough or follow me on Pinterest, I am a quote FINATIC! I am in love I search for quotes daily and that is what keeps me motivated to do good! So, I am sure you will be seeing these quotes and things on here almost always! :) #sorrynotsorry.

P.S. So who wants to know I am going on a mission now! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment